|Line 240:||Line 240:|
*The Augment Abuda AB Kabuda founds Perfection Genomics. The company allows people to engineer their genome to the standards they wish.
*The Augment Abuda AB Kabuda founds Perfection Genomics. The company allows people to engineer their genome to the standards they wish.
*Korea joins POTA.
*Korea joins POTA.
*President Toldson passes the Central American Recovery Act, a controversial bill that sends billions to Central American nations that had been struggling since the Depression. A
*President Toldson passes the Central American Recovery Act, a controversial bill that sends billions to Central American nations that had been struggling since the Depression. A of the act is the creation of a Treaty that would give the US control of a proposed mag-lev rail way network that would be linked to the US mag-lev network. The treaty also provides for the creation a tax on Central Americans to pay for the operation of new infrastructure projects. Central America effectively becomes a US protectorate.
Revision as of 02:43, 24 March 2010
Table of Contents
- Haiti experiences a magnitude 7.0 earthquake that completely decimates the country. The US sends billions in USAID relief effort to help the country.
- With wins on Health Care Reform, and climate change, Democratic losses in the House and Senate are kept to a minimum and a majority is kept in both houses.
- The Swine flu pandemic ends, claiming 20,000 lives globally.
- The Treaty of Lisbon is signed and Tony Blair is narrowly elected the First President of the Council of Europe.
- David Cameron is elected Prime Minister over Gordon Brown.
- The US cancels the New Vision for Space exploration and begins investing in private companies to handle most manned space-flight needs.
- The US begins to implement a strategic change in the Afghan War following the resignation of a top pentagon analysts in protest. Most personnel begin a withdraw from the country, and moderate sects of the Taliban are bribed much as the Sunnis were in Iraq to restore order. British and American forces then begin a strategy of Drone warfare, economic development, and special forces strikes into Pashtunistan.
- A coup de tat occurs in Pakistan as military leaders side with radical members of the Taliban and take over the country. Loyalist forces defend nuclear sites at all costs; some generals commit suicide to prevent the nuclear codes from falling into the hands of the new regime.
- With the threat of a nuclear armed Taliban, NATO, China, Russia, Israel, India, and several smaller countries form a coalition of forces to prevent a nuclear launch.
- Coalition forces begin a heavy air and naval campaign against Pakistan, bombing military centers and launch silos before the Taliban forces can gain access to the launch codes. The war lasts for six months and ends with coalition forces occupying a decimated Pakistan.
- The Coalition forces meet in Kabul to discuss the post-war organization of Pakistan. The allies ultimately come to the conclusion that with the gravity of the destruction of Pakistan in hand the country cannot be reformed. India annexes the Punjab regions of Pakistan, while Pashtunistan, and Balochistan are given independence. The US uses the war as an excuse to start over in Afghanistan, and breaks up the country; creating single Pashtune and Baloch states; while dividing the rest of the country up among its ethnic sister states.
- The Great Recession finally ends as most major economies all begin to grow again.
- The Iranian Revolution ends. The country begins to fracture as ethnic minorities such as the Azaberijanis cede themselves to their mother countries. Iran becomes the Republic of Persia, and is given Persian Afghanistan after the talks are over.
- The DARPA Falcon Project is resurrected after the war with Pakistan demonstrates the need for a bomber that could strike anywhere in the world in very short periods of time. The first test flight of the unmanned hypersonic demonstrator occurs at the end of the year.
- NewsCorp crashes after the very unpopular decision to charge internet users a monthly subscription to view their articles online. The decision was a disaster after new net neutrality legislation, and the realization that people would just find the information though other sources.
- The US begins infrastructure in Haiti, the US outnumbers the number of NGOs and aid contributers by a scale of 10 to 1.
- Tesla Motors releases the Model S. After government aid in most countries it costs roughly 40,000 USD.
- An amendment to the Ted Kennedy Universal Health Reform Act of 2009 allows anyone to sign on to the government health insurance option, effectively ensuring universal care for all who seek it.
- President Obama is re-elected with a fair majority over challenger Mike Huckabee. The Republican party looses almost every seat they gained in 2012 as a slew of independent and third party candidates take hold. The Democrats loose their supermajority, but still remain the majority party, as the republicans now find themselves in the minority with the Green Party, the Conservative Party, and the Libertarian Party.
- The first stem cell treatment for spinal chord damage are approved for public use after clinical trials in the US produce a 98% success rate, after switching from embryonic to adult stem cells.
- Dmitry Medvedev wins his re-election with little opposition, he is beginning to dominate the Russian political stage as a compromiser and diplomat.
- The last members of Al Quaeda are captured or killed, the War on Terrorism comes to an end.
- Engineer Charles Patrick Edwards founds a propulsion engineering company in Seattle called "Mariner Aerospace." The company operates with workers earning based on performance and output, not rank. CEOs and Managers typically make less than designers and engineers.
- China, now owner of over 70% of Mongolia's land and wealth, simply buys the country's last resources in the first purchase of a country in human history. China's is growing at a rate of roughly five times that of the US, down from a height of eight during the height of the Great Recession.
- Russia becomes Europe's largest supplier of natural gas.
- The General Atomics Avenger becomes the most widely produced aircraft, ever.
- The Chinese produce a computer with greater processing power than a human brain.
- Mariner Aerospace develops a new supersonic turbo ramjet far more efficient than they system used for the Falcon.
- Google buys Microsoft in the largest hostile takeover of the 21st century.
- Mariner buys Andrews Space and Blue Origin once Space debris becomes too sever for human space flight. The company takes Blue Origin's name.
- The Federal War on Drugs ends. The states are left to decide how to handle marijuana.
- The UN security council signs the Moscow Protocol, beginning the global draw down of nuclear arms. The act is the result of six years of work by President Obama and President Medvedev.
- The ESA is disbanded.
- The MB-47 Pegasus enters service as the first unmanned bomber.
- Blue Origin works with DARPA to build the Tier II Falcon, the X-65 Wyvern. The aircraft is roughly the size of an F-16, and has the most advanced AI ever built for an aircraft. It is able to take off and land from carriers and can travel upwards of Mach 19.
- The First Genetic Modifier is produced increasing cognitive activity.
- Hillary Clinton is elected the first female president of the United States.
- The first print on demand organs are approved for use by the FDA. Diseases relating to the bladder, liver, and kidneys are now easily treatable.
- SpaceX begins sending Debris cleaners to orbit to capture space junk and fall back into the atmosphere.
- Blue Origin begins construction of the D-1 High Altitude Communications Airship, or "Stratolite." As the last of the world's communications satellites are destroyed by space debris.
- Blue Origin puts into production the world's first production scramjet engine. The first craft to receive this revolutionary new engine is the MQ-21 Invader II, the world's first hypersonic attack aircraft, developed almost directly from the X-65. It is the first unmanned aircraft that all of NATO will use.
- With the success of a coalition aircraft like the MQ-21, NATO pools its efforts to design the world's first unmanned main battle tank.
- China unveils its answer to the west's advancement in robotics; the JX-41, the first unmanned joint strike fighter, capable of air to air and air to ground combat.
- Blue Origin Buys General Electric in the largest sale of a major corporation since the Great Recession.
- Health insurance companies, having been required by law to not deny customer's based on pre-existing conditions report massive profit losses as more and more people opt for organ replacement surgeries to eliminate debilitating diseases. United Healthcare becomes the first company to claim such treatments are voluntary.
- Arkansas becomes the last state to Opt-out of the Public Option, now Medicare Part E.
- NASA finally disbands, most of the world's communications are now being handled by Stratolites.
- A second "Doomsday Vault" is build in Nord Greenland, the Vault houses the genetic sampling of ever animal on earth.
- The European Union creates the European Healthcare Service; heavily modeled after French and British national healthcare programs; the EHS gives every citizen of the European Union member states complete medical coverage. The program allows for private companies but puts a European standard on all business practices. The decision to nationalize hospitals and doctors is left up to the member states.
- Over 100 people have been genetically modified globally, their heightened intelligence allows for faster advances in a number of fields.
- DARPA finishes mapping the human brain.
- Charles Patrick Edwards is elected Governor of Washington on a platform of eliminating state debt and advancing individual liberty.
- President Clinton looses her re-election to Alaskan Senator Sarah Palin, the first republican in the white house in 16 years.
- After years of testing the first pancreas and full heart POD organs are approved.
- China fragments as the demographic problems of a generation of only children comes to fruition.
- East Turkestan declares independence, but almost immediately asks for aid from Turkey.
- Tibet Declares independence.
- The majority of the world's automobiles and trains are now all plug in hybrids; with dropping demand the price of a gallon of gas drops to 1.80 USD.
- The first hypersonic passenger aircraft is built by Reaction Engines in Europe.
- The Russian Federation disarms the last nuclear weapon. Ties between Russia and America have never been stronger.
- Most NATO countries begin to phase out a manned air force. The MQ-21 now outnumbers the number of manned aircraft.
- The first demonstrator of the NATO Tank is revealed. It is roughly half the size of a Bradley Tank, but can reach speed upwards of 70 mph, it is largely based on the technology developed by the Ripsaw.
- The first hate crime against a Genetically Modified person is committed when Corey Shears of Delaware is stoned to death outside of a Catholic parish.
- Washington expands its government run healthcare program to cover everyone in the state. People immediately opt for POD organ treatments. United Healthcare pulls out of Washington.
- Governor Edwards pushes through major tax code reform for Washington state, taxes for everyone increase with the economic prosperity of the 20s.
- Washington passes major waste management legislation setting up bids for Plasma converter companies to set up shop in state landfills.
- Blue Origin builds the first D-29 Command and Control Derigible for the Army; it is a 1000 foot long Airship that functions as an airborne command and intelligence gathering center.
- President Palin orders an invasion of Nigeria to stop a growing intertribal war that is threatening the region's oil reserves. The war is sold on the premise of, "protecting people, who cannot protect themselves;" as the "Freedom;" argument died after Iraq. The war is very controversial, and 49% of the country initially opposes it.
- Britain refuses to join the war in Nigeria, becoming the last European nation to do so. Prime Minister Clegg cites the reasons being, "It looks like Iraq all over again."
- President Palin signs into law, a provision that makes GM drugs illegal in the US, a number of other countries shortly follow.
- Washington's healthcare program's costs drop significantly after most people with the most costly long term diseases have been cured via POD organs.
- Washington state's deficit is eliminated.
- California's national guard is sent in by Governor Hanks to police LA after the second straight week of water shortage riots.
- China's communist party collapses. A Fascist coup de tat takes over the industrialized Coast.
- Raytheon/Sarcos unveils the Mk.1 Powered Assistance Exoskeleton. It is bought by countless construction companies and militaries as a support unit for heavy lifting.
- Blue Origin works with Boeing to build the first American Hypersonic passenger aircraft.
- The F/A-22 Raptor is retired and the F-35 Lighting II and the Euro Fighter become the last manned aircraft of the NATO forces. The MQ-33 is put into service as a hypersonic unmanned attack aircraft.
- The supreme court in a landmark case defines that the US Constitution extends to humans only, which GM Humans or "Augments" as they are often called in reference to Star Trek, do not apply. All 200 of the worlds GM humans, begin to see their rights stripped away as the US becomes the last country to define them as non-citizens. In a despirate plea, Theodore Bell convinces the US Congress to allow for a small section of land in Mt. Hood, Oregon to be made into a reservation for the Augments. Denied their rights to own property in most places, most of the world's Augments take refuge at the Mt. Hood Reservation.
- Libertarian Candidate Lucky Narain defeats President Palin after her disastrous policies nearly bankrupt the country in a costly war in Nigeria.
- The Arctic is ice free for the first time.
- For the first time in over 100 years Turkey comes under the Rule of an Islamic government. East Turkestan becomes a client state.
- The USAF begins employing high altitude airships.
- The Russian Federation makes history when it Buys several hundred MQ-33s and MQ-21s; talks of a new alliance with the west begin to grow.
- The NATO tank, the M5-A1 Cougar is put into full service. However the future of NATO cooperation is looking bleak with the election of Libertarian candidate Lucky Narain to the Presidency in America.
- The Augments, using very limited resources build a small village on the reservation. It is named New Liberty. The same year the fist Augmented child is born.
- Using the basics of non-invasive brain interfaces developed over the last several decades, DARPA completes the first true human brain computer interface that allows users to directly use their brain to upload and download information.
- The Second Depression begins with the total collapse of the US financial sector, which is dominated mainly by Goldman Sachs. With Libertarian candidates championing an end of government intervention of the US economy, and with election day in America only weeks away, no bailout bill is even drafted, and banks begin to collapse nation wide.
- Governor Edwards' falling popularity skyrockets after Washington becomes one of only three states in the Union to not suffer massive deficits following the collapse. The pool of funds during the recovery of the Clinton years has made Washington one of the most successful states of the crisis.
- Governor Edwards narrowly defeats libertarian candidate Kevin Wheeler. The libertarian party currently holds a national majority.
- President Narain begins undoing much of the regulatory reform of the Obama and Clinton presidencies in an effort to free up lending and combat the depression.
- The military budget is cut in half. President Narain begins withdrawing troops from military bases in the Middle East.
- Sea Levels rise high enough during the summer to drive most people out of the coastal cities.
- The World's climate refugees reach 1 billion.
- Most of Eastern Europe opts out of the EU to prevent European climate refugees form entering their territory.
- Apple releases a $1000 laptop that exceeds the processing power of two human brains.
- Rachel Armstrong of the UK introduces the first protocell to Venice to create a limestone reef around the molding scaffolding.
- The supreme court deems animal cruelty laws unconstitutional and defines animal cruelty as destruction of property.
- NATO has its worst meeting in history, when President Narain proclaims that he will be seeking an American opt out of the, "entangling alliance."
- New Liberty applies for a restoration of their rights to President Narain; even he denies them.
- Washington, Oregon and Michigan pump more money into their respective economies than the US as a whole.
- Washington and Oregon continue lower taxes and increases spending to deal with the depression.
- Governor Edwards signs an economic bill of rights for Washington State. It is word for word identical to FDRs Second Bill of Rights.
- Millions of people from the Flood Zone begin making their way to the Pacific North West for its social services.
- Washington and Oregon become the two most populace states in the Union.
- Turkey Invades Kurdistan. The Genocide of the Armenians escalates to include the Kurds.
- India begins preparing for a war with the Turks and Chinese.
- New Liberty reaches a population of 300 Augments, they have a very liberal society, with no formal government.
- Millions of Kurds begin fleeing to the US and Western Europe to avoid the Turks.
- Washington begins a massive series of new public works programs to make the state energy independent, and build the first vertical farms to compensate for the food shortage.
- Washington has the highest per capita GDP in the country.
- California declares bankruptcy. Riots all across the state spiral out of control, President Narain refuses to send in the Army to pacify the state.
- Turkey invades Armenia, Azerbaijan unites with the Turks.
- Grey China begins a military buildup.
- Turkey Invades the Republic of Persia, the Islamic Republic of Iran joins the New Caliphate of Turkey.
- The Supreme court deems censorship, including pornography laws, as unconstitutional.
- The US Congress narrowly defeats President Narain's bill to opt out of NATO.
- President Narain looses his re-election to independent Governor of Washington Charles Patrick Edwards. He is the first Populist* to be elected in US history.
- Note :Populism: In this TL, Populism has come to represent a new economic principle where the government protects the economic rights of the people, and places heavy taxes on the richest 1% to support the needs of the many. It is largely defined as a regulated market. Not socialized nor unregulated capitalism.
- California declares a state of 40% unemployment. Riots, gang warfare, and general lawlessness have become common place.
- The D-29 is upgraded to include several GAU-21 Reaper Mini guns for self defense.
- Western Europe Unites as a Single nation to better administer the refugee crisis.
- Sarcos releases the Mk. 2 PAX. It is much lighter and is designed to be far more durable with a longer battery life.
- President-elect Edwards meets with the heads of NATO, unfortunately the alliance had been so badly damaged by the Palin and Narain presidencies, that only Eastern Europe seems to be interested in rebuilding a military coalition, the European Union becomes an unofficial observer state to the nearly 80 year old alliance between western Europe and the Americas.
- New Liberty is attacked by a group of White Supremacists, now dwindling in number and left to use the Augments as a rallying cry for their movement. The Augments easily defend themselves using superior intelligence, strength and speed.
- President Narain negotiates the sale of all EU territories in the Americas. Citing the Monroe doctrine, he claims that since Europe is technically a new European power the possession of territories in the West is a security risk. The EU agrees to make the sale, with record deficits an infusion of funds for such small territories is welcome. American refugees begin moving to the few that are inhabitable.
- President Edwards begins massive new regulatory reform of the US economy. Among new anti-trust legislation, and investment regulation, President Edwards passes the biggest piece of regulatory reform in US history, a law that requires all businesses to give an equal share of their company to their employees, the same policy Edwards conducted as President of Blue Origin.
- The largest series of economic stimulus packages in US history, collectively known as the "People's Deal." It includes over a trillion dollars in federal aid towards specific national projects. The largest of which are the National Magnetic Rail Project, the National Plasma Converter Fund, and the Energy Independence Act.
- The Army is sent into California to put down the rioters and subdue the gangs.
- The FY 2029 budget is passed, it includes wholly new revisions of the US tax code, placing larger taxes on the rich, and sever tax cuts on the middle class.
- The US Marine Corps is issued several new Powered Exoskeletons developed with Sarcos by DARPA. The suits give a soldier full armor, a top speed of 45mph, and the ability to jump and land safely as high as 38 ft into the air. The suits have a small jet engine on board for power, and have a max battery life of 36 hours with the extension of the engine.
- The Augments make an impassioned plea to President Edwards who once called their exile, "the greatest social injustice of our time." He gives no direct response.
- During his state of the Union Address, President Edwards calls for the passage of a Second Bill of Rights modeled after FDRs proposals nearly a century ago.
- The 2030 midterms go hugely in favor of candidates backing Populism. One such party that makes a huge comeback is the Republicans who are largely made up of Log Cabin Republicans, and Eisenhower Moderates. General David Petraeus has become the party's leader.
- Central Asia, including East Turkestan falls to the Caliphate of Turkey. Russia pleads for assistance from the US.
- President Edwards, begins lend-lease policies to Russia.
- The Caliphate and China sign a nonaggression pact.
- The UN meets to discuss major greenhouse gas legislation. President Edwards presents legislation to end the use of fossil fuels globally. The US, Europe, Japan, and India have all previously agreed to do so.
- The US begins a massive overhaul of the Navy and Air Force. Top Projects include hypersonic unmanned stealth aircraft, stealth aircraft carrier submarines.
- New Liberty petitions a number of global patent offices with the sea of ideas they have generated during their years in exile, once again they are denied universally.
- The American D-8 high altitude reconnoissance dirigible the USS Kitty Hawk is destroyed while over Japan by a Chinese fighter squadron; the whole crew of 20 men and women are killed. A number of Chinese aircraft bomb a number of American military bases in the far east as well as several factories and major infrastructure points in the American mainland, the goal of the operation is to force a political settlement. The Invasion of Japan, and ultimate the next Great War begins.
- In an emergency session of the US Congress, President Edwards calls for a declaration of war against China, and begins pumping funds into the creation of new forces to combat the Chinese.
- The US Navy is sent to Japan to repel Chinese invaders. The Battle of Japan begins.
- Russia is split in two as the Turks invade the remainder of the Caucuses.
- US forces in Europe are sent to combat the Turks after the invasion of Greece.
- Room Temperature super conductors are perfected.
- The BBC makes a documentary on New Liberty showing for the first time life inside the sanctuary for the Augments. The citizens of the reservation are shown to be extremely intelligent and resourceful, having produced their own water filtration system, electrical grid, vertical farm, and a fairly dynamic economy for a small town. The opinion of them begins to liberalize around the world.
- The US calls on NATO to join the coalition for the war. Most of Eastern Europe agrees to allow the US to launch attacks on Turkey from their territory, but the EU makes a historic break of international law, by declaring neutrality and walking out of the talks. NATO, the world's oldest military alliance is disbanded.
- With so much of the US military either dead or wounded from the Thanksgiving Day Attacks, the US military begins funding a massive overhaul of US forces. President Edwards authroizes funding for a number of projects to better arm the undermanned US military.
- President Edwards is re-elected in a resounding majority after the US economy finally begins to level off after the depression.
- The US Navy receives reinforcements from the new unmanned air force. China's forces in Japan are driven into the Sea.
- Japan is liberated.
- US special forces are equipped with next generation powered exoskeletons.
- US forces begin using Japan as a jump off point to launch surgical strikes inside China.
- Turkey conquers Saudi Arabia.
- Poland sends troops into the Balkans to keep Turkey from moving farther than Greece.
- India and Pashtunistan become the last line against the Turks in Asia after the fall of Iran. The three nations stage a massive counter offensive at the battle of Kabul. It is a resounding defeat for the Turks and deeply scars their southern front.
- President Edwards appoints Judge Harriet Li to the Supreme Court. She is widely expected to be the vote that would overturn the previous ruling on the rights of non-humans.
- The Plasma converter grid in the Mid West and West Coast all go online by the end of the year. The resources recycled from Americas landfills and junkyards quickly surpass the amount extracted from domestic mining.
- The Second Bill of Rights is passed in the US.
- Korea is liberated by American forces.
- Tibet drives the Chinese out of their northern border.
- The United States and Europe become energy independent.
- The US unmanned bombing of Chinese military and manufacturing centers begin to cause serious internal instability within China.
- Poland enters the war on the side of the Coalition.
- New Liberty goes before the Supreme Court once again. Their rights are returned to them. All 500 are permitted to leave New Liberty, but are not welcome outside of the US.
- The US Congress pumps over a trillion dollars into the creation of the American Mag-Lev Rail Network. They network will use room temperature superconductors to increase speed, efficiency, and safety.
- Russia pushes Turkey out of Central Asia.
- China falls to the Coalition. The PRC is put under provisional US, Japanese, Korea, and Taiwanese control.
- The US, Russia, and Poland being moving towards Turkey.
- The last of the Chinese resistance forces are wiped out in Manchuria.
- The last coal fire plant in the US closes.
- The Augments send their patents to the US Patent office, they are finally accepted.
- Tesla Motors becomes the first automobile manufacturer to produce a vehicle using superconductors for energy storage, the Tesla Marauder.
- Russian and Polish Forces invade Turkey, as the US begins an assault on Central Asia.
- The FDA reports that the number of Americans with diabetes has dropped to only a few thousand.
- Turkey Falls to the Poles by August.
- The US, Russia, Poland, Japan, Taiwan, the UAE, and Korea meet in Delhi to discuss the order of the post war world.
- The Delhi Conference results in the official end of the war, Russia is given back control of Central Asia. China is ceded back to the ROC, while Tibet and East Turkestan remain independent. Poland forms the Eastern European League (Populist America), and is given back territory it lost to Belarus after the cold war. Turkey is reduced and Kurdistan is given independence. The US annexes the gulf nations where Floridian and souther refugees had flocked too during the floods.
- Genetic Augmentation is legalized in the US, it is the first country to do so.
- Vice President Toldson is elected the 49th President of the United States.
- California announces net GDP growth for the first time in a decade.
- The EPA reports that global CO2 levels are finally dropping.
- President Edwards announces a plan to clean the debris from orbit and restart America's space program.
- The EU's refugee crisis comes to an end.
- The US, Russia, Japan, and the ROC sign the Pacific Ocean Treaty in Taipei; forming the Pacific Ocean Treaty Alliance (POTA).
- The Augments are given reperations for the seizure of their private property. Most go on to build their careers.
- The first debris cleaners return from Low Earth Orbit, analysis of craft on Earth confirms that Space Debris is back down to 2010 levels.
- Blue Origin begins construction of a space plane.
- ISA is formed, the International Space Administration; a coalition organization of all former space agencies.
- The US begins construction of a series of massive floating bases as the need for forces around the world becomes more fluid.
- The Augment Abuda AB Kabuda founds Perfection Genomics. The company allows people to engineer their genome to the standards they wish.
- Korea joins POTA.
- President Toldson passes the Central American Recovery Act, a controversial bill that sends billions to Central American nations that had been struggling since the Depression. A provison of the act is the creation of a Treaty that would give the US control of a proposed mag-lev rail way network that would be linked to the US mag-lev network. The treaty also provides for the creation a tax on Central Americans to pay for the operation of new infrastructure projects. Central America effectively becomes a US protectorate.
- President Toldson is re-elected on the economic boom of the post war era. Taxes on the rich are at 90%, and about 30% on the middle class. Populist Economics has become the mainstay of the US economy.
- Vietnam, Australia, Maylasia, Indonesia, and New Zealand joint POTA
- A group of beatle's fans in Canada give birth to clones of the origional group.
- The number of Augments in America and Canada reaches 1,122,000 as of this year 30% of all parents seek to create true designer babies. Russia legalizes Augmentation shortly after Poland.
- President Toldson meets with POTA leaders to discuss the creation of a single super transit network, linking every POTA member state together. By years end the Pacific Transit Act is created, dedicating mutual funding to link every major city in every POTA member state by a single mag-lev rail and road network. The effort is a boom to the struggling economies of the ROC and Japan.
- Space debris is finally down to 1960s levels; the ISA begins launching a number of new microsatelites, specially designed to leave the least amount of debris as possible.
- Blue Origin launches the first SSTO space plane.
- The ISA begins issuing grants to private companies to develop the means to being space mining.
- The Philippines and the rest of South East Asia join POTA
- The Central American Railway is completed.
- Ariel Rubenstein is elected as the first Jewish American to the Presidency, and the first New Republican. She promises to continue Populist Economics, but elects to increase military spending to quell the rising tide of space piracy.
- The Battle Star program begins. Battle Stars would be giant space stations designed to replace the D-29 CCD.
- India formally joins POTA.
- President Edwards shocks the world when he admits that he was one of the first Augments and had actively hid this fact during his time in office. Due to the Genetic Rights Act, President Edwards is technically not guilty of any crimes, none the less the announcement makes huge waves in the media.
- The first self contained Molecular Replicator or Fabber is completed, it is roughly the size of a double wide trailer.
- Lunar mining begins on a large scale by private companies under contract from the world's governments. The cost of resources drops to unimaginably low levels.
- The price of Gold drops from $5,420 an ounce to $50 an ounce.
- Uranium, the rarest element in the solar system, is now the most valuable element in the global market.
- A $1000 computer exceeds the processing power of the entire human species.
- The Central American Cooperation Treaty is signed by the members of the CARA treaty. The Act gives Americans the right to live in Central America with the full rights of citizens within the US and allows Central Americans to opt in to US social services in exchange for taxes.
- Space mining on the moon and on near earth objects brings in a huge wealth to the Earth, driving the greatest economic boom in history. People begin flooding to the Moon and asteroid colonies to make fortunes in the space industry.
- The US military budget is severly cut during the post war economic boom to continue to build up the US reserves. The Navy is forced to cancel plans to put the first "Battle Star" in orbit.
- The US military mothballs the last stratolites, following the Russians and Indians. The D-29 is upgraded to carry an advanced tactical laser.
- Central Americans are now permitted to join the US military. Those that do can register to vote in Presidential elections.
- Poland's economy surpasses that of the European Union.
- The US, India, Poland, and Russia send the first manned mission to Mars.
- Russia joins the Slavic League.
- Mexico joins the first world economies.
- Canada signs a treaty with the US that would extend the American Mag Lev Network into Canada's major border cities.
- The ISA begins efforts for a sustained human colonization of Mars. The first civilian ship leaving for the red planet holds over a thousand passengers.
- The Moon reaches a population of some 1.2 million people.
- Solar and wind power now supply 90% of the world's energy needs.
- The UAE caps the last oil well in the middle east.
- Mars reaches a population of close to half a billion people. This explosion of colonists is largely spurred by overcrowding on Earth and the success of subterranian housing.
- The ISA conducts the launch of the first space vehicle with a rosenbridge drive, Voyager III, named for the third spacecraft of the voyager series that never launched. The spacecraft is the result of nearly two decades of R&D by the ISA launches at 9:15 pm ET, and reaches the Alpha Centauri system at 9:19 pm ET of the same day. Voyager makes contact with a habitable word orbiting between Centauri B and Centauri A. The planet is roughly 14% larger than that of Earth and 5% more massive.
- Tibet Joins POTA.
- Humanity establishes its first colony on planet Terra Nova in the Centauri System. The atmosphere is 50% O2, 1% Water Vapor, 30% Nitrogen and 9% C02.
- The US officially annexes Central America. The colony has a population of close to 1000 people, a superluminal communication array, and basic life support systems.
- Leaders from POTA, the Commonwealth of European Nations, and the European Union meet in Geneva to discuss the creation of a single security organization within the UN to prevent any further cold wars. It would be heavily modled on the US global command structure.
- Oxygen levels on Mars become Earth-like as terraforming efforts come to fruition.
- The Eastern European League meets with the European Union to discuss the unification of the Eastern European Transit system and the EU Transportation service.
- The United States of America officially annexes Mexico and Central America, granting the former territories full statehood.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.