- Predictions in the media - current articles with predictions about the future in mainstream media.
- Predictions for 2006 - list of links to lists of predictions
- Sysprog predictions
- Battelle - Technology Forecasts
- The Chronicle of the Future by Sunday Times - an example of a light-minded prediction for a popular audiences.
- RAND precictions from 1964 evaluated in 2000 (in Russian). almost 50% right.
Can good predictions be made? Yes. There are many examples of highly-qualified futurists who made generally correct predictions (and it's not just the fact that some ought to be luckier than others). Examples: F. M. Esfandiary , Jules Verne, Genrih Altov (Генрих Альтов) /Altshuller/. It seems possible to predict future well, even though it's not always clear what the best approach/methodology is.
- Illustrated and detailed page - grouped into sections. Would look particularly well when combined with key events (s-curves) from this timeline.
- Predictions and hindsight
- The most famous failed predictions: http://www.ahajokes.com/fp044.html
Despite transhumanist memes filtering out into the public consciousness, and increasing awareness about the accelerating pace of technological change, many academics just don't get the timelines or the scope of change truly being discussed.
- Within just 1000 years, we are going to evolve into giants up to 7ft tall and living to 120 years old
- Star Trek as Bad Futurism